The Coffin Company of
Decatur is located on the corner of North Morgan and
East North Streets, was established in 1873 by T. T.
Roberts, O. Z. Greene, and Captain R. P. Lytle.
A few years later Captain
Lytle retired from the firm, the business was continued
by Mr. Roberts and Mr. Greene, and incorporated by them
Mr. Greene died several years later and Mr.
Roberts was president from this time until his death in
November, 1919. No successor has yet been appointed.