Guides, the Net, etc.
H. D. Smith & Co.
Plantsville, Conn., were originally established in 1850,
and subsequently incorporated in 1892. Their
manufactures consist chiefly of carriage, coach and
wagon irons, and drop-forged fine tools.
The officers are L. V. Walkley, president; Louis H.
Schmitt, secretary; George R. Bond, treasurer; Wm. S.
Ward, general superintendent.
They are one of the originators of the new method of making
carriage forgings by the drop-forging process.
The Carriage Monthly,
Vol.40, April, 1904.