The Metallic Plane Company, Auburn,
NY was established in 1867 by Elliot G. Storke.
Initially the company used Nelson Palmer's
patent No. 64,790 to start production of planes.
This patent was assigned to
himself, Sidney W. Palmer, and J. Foreman Palmer. The
relation between Palmers and Metallic Plane Co. is not
clearly documented and basis for use of Palmer's patent
is assumed to come from
some sort of partnership.