Company was founded in 1869, and
quickly became one of the largest industries in
Sandusky. From its founding until the
late 1920s, the tool
company produced high-quality hand
tools, including planes and hoes.
By the 1880s, the
employed approximately 200 men and produced 70 dozen
planes per day, in addition to hoes, axes and other
tools. These tools were particularly popular among
farmers and craftsmen.
As the economy developed
from one dominated by craft workers and farmers to one
of heavy industry and mass production, the fortunes of
the company declined. It
closed in 1929.